(Recipe Cookie Magazine)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & smashed
- 1 small onion, peeled & roughly chopped (all i had was a red onion)
- 1 carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 oz. pancetta chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 15oz. can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 15 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs
- grated parmesan
1. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the first five ingredients in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and their juices, along with the beans, broth & rosemary. Simmer, covered until the beans break apart, about an hour.
3. Add the kale and cook for 5 to 7 mins more. Stir in the bread crumbs and serve, drizzled with the remaining olive oil & sprinkled with cheese.