Blackberry Ginger Sours
(recipe from Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine)
- 1 cup blackberries, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup sugar
- One 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gin
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon slices for garnish
- One 12 oz. can club soda
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup blackberries, sugar, ginger and 1/4 cup water to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Lower the heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Let cool, then strain, discarding the solids.
2. In a large pitcher, combine the gin, lemon juice and blackberry-ginger syrup. Fill the pitcher with ice and stir vigorously, Fill 6 tall glasses with ice, Pour the chilled liquid into the glasses, holding back the melted ice in the pitcher. Top each drink with the club soda, then garnish with fresh blackberries, a lemon slice and mint.