Citrus Beet Salad
- 4 large beets
- 5 clementines, separated into sections
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta (or goat cheese!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash beets, put on parchment paper- salt & pepper them. Toss a little bit of olive oil. Wrap the parchment in alumminum foil -place on a cookie sheet and roast for 35-45 minutes until you can poke it easily with a knife. Let cool.
2. Take all of the other chopped ingredients and put them in the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and then add the cooled beets. Toss thoroughly and then add the feta. Salt & pepper and then serve! If it doesn’t have enough kick, take a fork and mash a few of the clementine segments to release some juice!