Everyday Food Crêpes
(recipe from Everyday Food)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat (2 percent) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter, plus more for skillet
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center. Add milk, eggs, and 1 tablespoon butter; whisk to combine. Cover, and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 1 day).
2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees; place a baking sheet in oven. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium high. Lightly coat skillet with butter. Pour 1/3 cup batter into skillet, and quickly swirl skillet so batter evenly coats bottom. Cook crêpe until edges are dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Loosen with a wide spatula, and using both hands, grip edges with fingertips and quickly turn over. Cook 1 minute more. Slide onto sheet to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter (you should have 12 crêpes).