Spaghetti with Zucchini, Walnuts & Raisins
(recipe adapted from Real Simple Magazine)
- 12 oz. spaghetti (I used Barilla Plus. It’s good!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs. small zucchini (about 4-5) cut into thin half moons
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (but who really measures that? Add a lot!)
- white truffle oil (optional)
Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain & return to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic & cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
Add the zucchini and golden raisins to the skillet, season with salt & pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini is just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the zucchini mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Sprinkle with more Parmesan before serving. Add a few glugs of white truffle oil on top! Devour!