Bacon & Egg Breakfast Pizza
Makes enough for 4-6 servings
(recipe for dough from My Bread, by Jim Lahey)
- homemade or store bought pizza dough (I used half of this recipe)
- 5 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 3-4 eggs (this is up to you!)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- a squeeze lemon juice
Preheat oven to 500F.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan and stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
Evenly top the pizza dough with bacon, slivers of garlic and cheeses. Add a heavy pinch of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Put the pizza in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Take the pizza out of the oven and top with the eggs. Carefully put the pizza back in the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes until the edges are nicely brown and the eggs are perfectly cooked. Put the arugula in a small bowl toss with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. To serve, cut up slices and top with arugula.