Chickpea & Raisin Salad
(recipe slightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 15.5 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (you can sub with Italian Parsley)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
In a small saucepan, combine the raisins, vinegar, oil and sugar and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas, cilantro, scallions, and raisin mixture with cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.