Angel Hair Pasta w/ Arugula & Lemon
(recipe slightly adapted from Tyler Florence Family Meal: Bringing People Together Never Tasted Better)
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, silvered
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- grated zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 6 cups lightly packed baby or wild arugula
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for serving
In a skillet, combine the panko with 2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to combine. Toast over medium heat, stirring, until the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 10 minutes. season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a small bowl.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes to infuse the oil and gently cook the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon zest and remove from the heat.
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta well, and transfer to a large bowl. Immediately add the arugula, the infused oil with the garlic, and the bread crumbs. Use tongs to gently toss everything together. Mound the pasta on a large platter, squeeze lemon juice on top and serve, topping with grated Parmesan as desired.