Coffee Chocolate Marshmallow Krispies
recipe adapted slightly from Christina Tosi of Milk Bar via Rachael Ray Magazine
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 bags (10 oz. each) mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crispied rice cereal
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee (not instant)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cooking spray
Line a 9 inch square baking dish with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. In a 10-12 quart pot, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add 10 cups mini marshmallows and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes; remove the pot from the heat.
Using a wet spoon or spatula, fold in the rice cereal. Sprinkle in the almonds, cherries, ground coffee & salt; fold quickly to distribute. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and remaining mini marshmallows; fold gently to distribute.
Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using slightly damp hands or a wet spatula, press into an even layer. Let cool completely and cut into square to serve.