Flourless Coconut Chocolate Drops
makes 2 dozen
recipe from Everyday Food Magazine 
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (5 ounces)
- 1 cup roughly chopped toasted almonds
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with racks in middle and lower thirds. In a large bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips, almonds, and coconut. Add egg whites and stir until combined (do not overmix).
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until tops are dry and cracked, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool completely on sheets on wire racks.