Kale Slaw with Red Cabbage & Carrots
makes 4 servings
(recipe adapted from Whole Living Foods Magazine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple-cider vinegar
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed shredded kale and red cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- lime juice
- 1/2 avocado (optional)
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, mustard, and apple-cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
In another bowl, combine kale, cabbage, carrot, apple, parsley, and red onion with cashews & hemp seeds.
Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat. Garnish with avocado.