Persimmon & Butter Lettuce Salad
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (maple syrup or honey can be substituted)
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 2 Fuyu persimmons peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Roasted Rosemary Almonds , chopped
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
In a small jar or bowl, mix oil with balsamic vinegar & agave syrup. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Put lid on the jar and shake dressing to combine.
In a large bowl, place the lettuce, persimmons and almonds. Drizzle most of the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Crumble goat cheese on top, stir gently and serve with a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.