Prosciutto & Fig Panini
- 1 8×12 inch slab herbed foccacia, edges trimmed
- 5 tablespoons fig jam
- 8 slices of brie (cut into 1/2 inch rectangles)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8-10 slices prosciutto
- 8 black mission figs, quartered
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh arugula
Heat panini press to HIGH. Trim off the ends of foccacia and cut in half to create a sandwich. Top one side fig jam, followed by a layer of sliced brie and mozzarella. Continue layering the prosciutto and finally nestle in the figs. Season with salt & pepper. Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread and brush both sides of sandwich with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place sandwich in panini press and grill for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts & starts sizzling.
In a medium bowl mix balsamic vinegar with arugula and toss until well leaves are well dressed. Open the panini and place the arugula on top of the figs. Close the sandwich and cut into 4 pieces. Serve immediately.