Turkey Broccoli Cheddar Panini
- 1 head broccoli (about 4 cups florets)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- pinch red pepper flakes (or two)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 8×12 inch slab herbed foccacia, edges trimmed
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices roasted pepper turkey breast
- spicy honey mustard (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, mix broccoli, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic,and red pepper flakes. Season with salt & pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes, until broccoli is soft and slightly browned. Let broccoli cool for 5 minutes and then chop. Set aside.
Heat panini press to HIGH. Trim off the ends of foccacia and cut in half to create a sandwich. Top one side chopped roasted broccoli, followed by a layer of cheddar cheese, and then turkey. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread and brush both sides of sandwich with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place sandwich in panini press and grill for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts & starts sizzling. Cut into 4-6 pieces and serve with a side of spicy honey mustard.