Bacon & Pea Pizza
makes one 13 x18 inch pizza
- 1/2 batch no-knead pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil (for baking sheet)
- 3 strips bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled peas
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly chopped (both white & green parts)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded aged cheddar
- pinch red pepper flakes (put more if you like spicy!)
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mint (about 1/2 bunch)
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 500F.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan and stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
Evenly top the pizza dough with bacon, sliced garlic, green onions, mozzarella and aged cheddar. Add a heavy pinch of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Put the pizza in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes. To serve, freshly chopped mint leaves and a liberal squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan on top.