Nectarine Caprese Salad
recipe adapted from Sunset Magazine
- 2-3 large heirloom tomatoes
- 2 ripe nectarines
- 8 oz. bur rata cheese, or fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 8 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Cut the tomatoes and nectarines into large wedges and arrange on a platter. Tear burrata into large chunks and distribute over the top. Scatter basil and mint over salad.
Whisk together vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper to taste.