Pesto Potato Bacon Pizza
- 1 batch no knead pizza dough
- 4 strips uncooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar
- 1/3 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 500F.
In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan and stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
With a spatula, evenly spread 1/2 cup pesto on the prepared pizza dough. Layer with mozzarella and place sliced potatoes in neat rows on top of the pizza dough. Evenly sprinkle potatoes with shredded sharp cheddar, red onion, cooked bacon and dot the entire pizza with chopped garlic and chopped walnuts. To thin out the pesto, add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Drizzle remaining pesto on top of the pizza. Put the pizza in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve warm.