Sour Cream & Onion Popcorn
makes enough for 2-4
recipe slightly adapted from Seriously Delish
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered buttermilk*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Place a 3 quart saucepan (or Whirley Pop) over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and popcorn kernels to the pan. Close the lid and move pot back and forth (or whirl around!) on the stove and pop the popcorn until you start to hear the popping slow down. Remove from the stove. Put popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
Drizzle the popcorn with olive oil and toss it well to coat. In small bowl, whisk together dill, cheese, buttermilk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour it over the popcorn and toss the popcorn evenly to coat it in the mixture. Taste the popcorn and season it additionally if needed.
* If you cannot find powdered buttermilk for this recipe, powdered milk can be used in a pinch. You might need to adjust to the salt level as the powdered milk is slightly sweeter and less tangy than the buttermilk.