Spicy Sesame Guacamole
recipe slightly adapted from Absolutely Avocados
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (more if you like it spicy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- sesame rice crackers, for serving
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place flesh in a bowl.
Add the red onion, scallions, lime juice, sriracha, soy sauce, ginger, 1 teaspoon of the sesame seeds, and the sesame oil. Taste to add salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, a few chopped scallions and a light drizzle of sriracha. Serve immediately with sesame rice crackers.