Bacon Artichoke Dip
makes 6-8 servings
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 2 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 12 oz. jar marinated artichokes, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- salt & fresh cracked pepper
- dash hot sauce
Preheat oven to 400F.
Sauté onions in olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat, until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook for an additional minute. Add bacon and artichokes to the onion mixture and stir until well combined. Slowly add in the sour cream cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in 3/4 cup cheddar, add a dash of hot sauce and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Transfer dip to an oven proof dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar. Bake dip for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese mixture is bubbling and cheese is nicely browned. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve warm with chips and veggies.