Greek Lamb Sliders
for the whipped feta spread
- 3-4 oz. feta (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zestIn a mini food processor, process feta, cream cheese, parsley and lemon zest. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy. If mixture is too thick, thin with a splash of water and continue to process. Set aside.
for the Greek Salad relish
- 1 small cucumber, finely diced
- 7 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 5 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and mint. Toss with a pinch of sumac and season with fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, make burgers.
for the lamb burgers
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- a glug olive oil
- 6 slider buns
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
- 12 mint leaves
Heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Turn oven onto BROIL.
In a medium bowl, mix ground lamb, garlic powder, sumac, dill, and salt & pepper until spices are evenly distributed. Shape seasoned meat into 6 small patties. Drizzle with olive oil and season patties with additional salt & pepper and set aside.
Cut slider buns in half. Lay buns on top of a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes per side, making sure to not burn.
Spread about a tablespoon of the whipped feta spread onto both sides of the buns. Set the tops aside and place a lettuce leaf and 3-4 mint leaves onto each bun bottom. Follow with a heaping tablespoon of the Greek Salad relish.
Grill lamb burgers on a grill pan 3-4 minutes per side, for medium rare. Take burgers off heat and let them sit covered with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. Place each patty on top of the loaded buns. Finish with a small scoop of the Greek Salad relish place the top bun on each burger. Serve immediately.