Grilled Chicken with Tomato Parsley Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (about 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- grilled bread, for serving
- fresh mozzarella, for serving
- lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat grill or grill pan.
In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons olive oil with lemon juice. Add the capers, tomatoes and give mixture a good stir. Season with salt & pepper and stir in parsley and basil. Set salad aside.
Season both sides chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place chicken breasts on the grill and cook each side for 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is done. Finish grilled chicken with a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Top chicken breasts with tomato parsley salad and serve with grilled bread and fresh mozzarella.