Skillet Roasted Cauliflower with Breadcrumbs
recipe adapted from Bon Appetit – originally recipe by Girl & The Goat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets with some stalk attached
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- kosher salt + fresh ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced pickled peppadew peppers
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
Toast breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss often and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add breadcrumbs to the bowl of chopped almonds and set aside.
Wipe out skillet and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet and cook cauliflower, tossing occasionally, until browned but not cooked through, 10 – 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add 3/4 cup water. Cook until cauliflower is crisp-tender and water has evaporated, 10-12 minutes.
Add garlic, butter, and pickled peppers to the cauliflower and cook, tossing until butter is melted and garlic and pickled peppers are fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in almonds, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and mint; season with salt and pepper.