Chicken Lettuce Cups
recipe inspired by Weelicious
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1lb. ground chicken
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (both white & green parts)
- 1 heaping tablespoon hoisin sauce, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- sriracha, for serving
Wash lettuce, pull apart leaves and set aside.
Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until meat is no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes. Add red pepper and jalapeño and continue to cook, until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute. Stir tamari into mixture until well combined. Follow with scallions, hoisin, basil, cilantro and cashews. Cook until herbs have softened, about 2 minutes.
To serve, spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the ground chicken mixture into each lettuce cup. Drizzle with hoisin sauce and sprinkle with cilantro for garnish. Serve immediately!