recipe adapted from Real Simple
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 small white onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 avocado, chopped for serving
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry the tortillas until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes; drain and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Wipe the skillet clean and warm the enchilada sauce and ¼ cup water over medium heat.
Add the crisped tortillas to the skillet and cook until most of the sauce is absorbed, 5 to 6 minutes.
In another small pan, fry two eggs in a glug of oil until whites have been set.
Top chilaquiles with fried eggs, feta, onion, cilantro and hot sauce if you please.