makes one 16 inch pizza
- 1 lb. pizza dough
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. assortment of Columbus salumi
- 4 pepperonicinis, thinly sliced
- 4 pickled pappadew peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- basil, for topping
Preheat grill, making sure one section is on high and the other is at medium heat.
Shape pizza into a 16 inch round and place on the hot section of the grill. Cook pizza for 3-5 minutes (dough should not stick when ready to flip) and flip pizza over. Move pizza over to cooler side of the grill and top each pizza with pesto, a layer of craft meat, and half of the mozzarella. Continue topping pizza with another layer of assorted salumi, and finish with remaining mozzarella, pepperoncini, pappedew peppers, olives, and onions.
Cover grill and cook pizzas for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese has melted. Take pizza off of the grill, sprinkle top with fresh basil and serve hot.