Quick Tomato Basil Pasta
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 3 cups heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of half a lemon
Mix chopped tomatoes with garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, oregano, pepper, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl.
Meanwhile, boil 2 qts. salted water in a large pot and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water for pasta sauce.
Slowly add cooked spaghetti into the tomato mixture. Toss the spaghetti with the reserved pasta water and stir until mixture is well combined. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and finish with lemon juice. Serve immediately.