Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal
recipe slightly adapted from Pretty Dish
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups milk (of your choice!), divided
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, for serving
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter for serving
In a saucepan, combine the oats and 1 ½ cups of the milk and place over medium-low heat. Add the salt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes, or until the oats are super creamy. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cocoa, maple syrup, chocolate and remaining ½ cup milk. Stir in the vanilla.
Serve with extra chopped chocolate on top with bananas and peanut butter.