Lemon Dill Capellini with Salmon
recipe slightly adapted from Gourmet Magazine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon blacked pepper
- 2 1/2 cups flaked broiled salmon
- 10 oz. capellini
- lemon wedges, for serving
Cook onion with salt in oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add broth, cream, vodka, and salt and bring to a boil, until sauce is reduced to 2 cups, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in dill, lemon zest, juice, and pepper. Add salmon to the saucepan and cook over low heat until the fish is just heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
While fish is heating, cook pasta in large pot of well-salted boiling water. Return pasta to pot, then toss with sauce. Serve in bowls making sure to evenly distribute the salmon. Spoon remaining sauce on top. Garnish with extra dill and lemon wedges.