Fresh Cherry Tart
(Everyday Food Magazine)
– 9 graham crackers (each 2 1/2 by 5 inches)
– 2 tablespoons plus cup sugar
– 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
– 6 ounces bar cream cheese, room temperature
– 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup heavy cream
– 1 pound fresh sweet cherries pitted and halved
– 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers and 2 tablespoons sugar until finely ground. Add butter, and process until combined. Transfer mixture to a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Using the base of a dry measuring cup, firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan. Bake until browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add cream, and beat until soft peaks form; spread mixture in cooled crust. Scatter cherries on top.
3. In a small saucepan, combine jam and 1 teaspoon water; heat over low until liquefied, about 2 minutes. Using a pastry brush, dab cherries with glaze. Refrigerate tart at least 30 minutes or, covered, up to 1 day.
And because I’m feeling generous…I’ll show you the rest of the meal I made:
Here’s the spread:
My plate- cowboy rubbed steak, cauliflower puree, roasted peppers & mushroom couscous :
I grilled some mushrooms for my vegan bro:
And here’s the vegan dessert- Dark Chocolate Fondue:
And here’s my dad DIGGING into to it:
Happy Father’s Day! I love you Dad!