Creamy Sausage Gravy
(recipe from Food & Wine)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground dried sage
- 2 chipotles in adobo, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, plus more for garnish
In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the turkey; cook over moderately high heat, breaking it up, until browned, 5 minutes. Stir in the sage, chipotles, 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and the flour; cook for 1 minute. Add the milk and simmer, stirring, until thick, 5 minutes. Add the 2 tablespoons of chives.
For the Brown Butter Biscuits, follow the recipe here!