makes over 2 dozen
- 2 2/3 cups Corn Flakes
- 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped nuts (i used walnut)
- 1/3 cup finely diced maraschino cherries
- 18 maraschino cherries cut into quarters (splurge and use halves!)
1. Crush corn flakes into coarse crumbs & set aside.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt & set aside.
3. Measure sugar and butter into mixing bowl; beat until very light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients together with nuts and finely diced cherries; mix well.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop (or a level tablespoon), shape dough into balls. Roll balls in crushed corn flakes to coat. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Place cherry halves or quarters on top.
5. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. It took me about 15 minutes with the larger sized cookies. I had at least 24 larger cookies with the medium scooper, so if you use a small one prepare to have a ton!