Shrimp Cucumber Mango Salad
(adapted from a Martha Stewart Living recipe)
- 1 lb. medium shrimp (pre-cooked/frozen)
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise & cut crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno chile, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
Rinse frozen shrimp in warm water to defrost. When shrimp has defrosted, toss them in a non reactive bowl with 1/2 cup lime juice. Refrigerate for at least an hour-up to two. Drain the shrimp & put in a new bowl.
Toss together shrimp, cucumber, mango, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, heavy pinch of salt & pepper in a large bowl. Cover bowl, and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Before serving, add remaining tablespoon of lime juice.