Couscous with Swish Chard, Raisins & Feta
(recipe from Rachael Ray magazine)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 14 oz. can vegetable broth
- 2/3 cups golden raisins
- salt & pepper
- 1 bunch Red Swiss chard, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
1. In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add half of the garlic and the couscous and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the vegetable broth; bring to a boil, Cover & lower the heat and simmer until the broth has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the raisins; season with salt.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet heat the remaining tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic & Swiss chard stems and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add the Swiss chard leaves, chickpeas, 1/2 cup water & balsamic vinegar and cover and cook until the chard is wilted-2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt & pepper and serve on the couscous and top with feta.