Artichoke & Basil Bruschetta
Makes about 18-20 bruschette
(a Shutterbean original recipe)
- 1 french baguette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 12 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese (you might need less)
- 10-15 basil leaves (use a half for each bruschetta)
- 18-20 small slices of Parmesan cheese
- fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal. Brush or dip each side of the bread lightly with olive oil. Grill bread on medium high heat, about 3-4 minutes per side. When the bread has slightly cooled, take a clove of garlic and rub across the top of each slice. Spread a tablespoon of ricotta on top of bread and place a piece of basil leaf and top with a marinated artichoke heart. Top each one with a slice of Parmesan cheese, squeeze a bit of lemon over each one and top with salt & pepper. Serve immediately.
- If your artichoke hearts are big, you might need to cut them in half so they’ll fit nicely onto the crostini
- The basil I bought had HUGE leaves so I cut them in half. A leaf should be roughly the size of the surface area of bread.
- Although the photos show me making 5 crostini for lunch, this recipe makes enough for a nice little get together at your house! CELEBRATE.