Charred Corn Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
(recipe from For the Love of Salad by Jeanelle Mitchell)
For the Salad:
- 4 cobs fresh white corn
- extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (or cilantro!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill to medium high. Shuck corn and brush lightly with olive oil. Place on grill and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Remove from heat & let cool.
For the dressing:
Combine garlic, ginger, lime juice, vinegar & honey in jar. Add in the olive oil and seal jar. Shake until dressing is uniform. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
Scrape kernels off corn cobs with a knife & place in a large bowl. Add dressing and mix. Add in the pepper, jalapeno, green onions, parsley & mint and stir until combined. When ready to serve, add in the avocados and dig in!