(recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine)
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 ripe avocado, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
- lemon wedges for serving
Combine garlic clove with cilantro leaves in the food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the chickpeas & avocado and continue processing. While the processor is running, slowly pour a steady stream of the olive oil into the mixture. Add lemon juice and continue until smooth. Season with salt & pepper and serve with a lemon wedge and a few cilantro leaves.
-I added more lemon in the end. I wanted it TANGY!
-Cumin & hot sauce would be great additions if you’re looking to spice it up!