Iceberg Wedges with Gorgonzola Dressing
(recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentis)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 4 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup plum tomatoes, sliced in half
In a medium bowl, stir the buttermilk, Greek yogurt, and garlic together. Add in 2/3 cup of the Gorgonzola to the dressing. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
Arrange the lettuce wedges on individual plates. Spoon the dressing over the wedges, top with bacon, tomatoes and remaining Gorgonzola. Sprinkle some fresh cracked pepper on top and serve.
-Casey thought the wedges were a little too wide. If you’re like Casey, cut them into 6 wedges instead of 4 and serve 2 wedges per person.