Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Pizza
Makes enough for 4-6 servings
- homemade or store bought pizza dough (I used half of this recipe)
- 3 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 5-6 large Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 500F.
In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat for 2-4 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan and stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
In a small bowl, add the tablespoon of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and toss Brussels sprouts in to coat.
Evenly top the pizza dough with cheeses, bacon, garlic, red onion, and Brussels sprouts. Add a heavy pinch of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Put the pizza in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes. To serve, top with crumbled feta cheese and slice up!