Celery Salad w/ Walnuts & Parmesan
recipe slightly adapted from Cook this Now by Melissa Clark
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces good Parmesan cheese, shaved
Preheat oven to 350F. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast, tossing once halfway through, until the nuts are golden, 7-10 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt and pepper; whisk in the oil. Combine the walnuts, celery and leaves, and cheese in a large salad bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss until gently combined.