Simple Greek Salad
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 english cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped (I used medium vine-ripened tomatoes)
- 8 oz. Romaine lettuce, chopped (about 7-8 cups)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- salt & pepper
- lemon wedge for finishing
In a small bowl mix the sliced red onion with the olive oil, vinegar & sumac. Let onions marinate for 30 minutes.
In a large serving bowl, toss the cucumber tomatoes, lettuce, feta & onions with the dressing together. Finish with a squeeze of lemon on top. Season with salt & pepper to taste.