Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
makes a 13 x18 inch pizza
- 1 full batch no-knead pizza dough
- extra virgin olive oil (for baking sheet)
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 5 slices uncooked bacon, thinly chopped
- yellow mustard
Preheat oven to 500F.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan. Stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef with the garlic powder, salt & pepper. Set aside.
Liberally squeeze ketchup & mustard on the top of the prepared dough (about 2-3 tablespoons each) Layer the cheddar, mozzarella, and red onions on top of the ketchup & mustard layer. Follow with the jalapeño, bacon and prepared ground beef, evenly distributing on top of the dough.
Place in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until crust is nicely brown around the edges. Serve immediately.