BBQ Chicken Salad
serves 3-4 people
for the salad:
- 6-7 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn (about 1 ear)
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed well)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (both green & white parts)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cooked rotisserie chicken (without skin), shredded
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup tortilla strips (you can use crushed tortilla chips)
for the dressing:
- 1 heaping tablespoon Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons Sweet & Spicy Tabasco
- salt & pepper
In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, corn, black beans, red pepper, cilantro, green onions, tomatoes & avocado together, set aside. In a medium bowl mix shredded chicken with 1/3 cup BBQ sauce until meat is thoroughly coated.
In a small jar mix Greek yogurt, fresh lime juice Sweet & Spicy Tabasco and two tablespoons of water. Season with salt & pepper to taste and add more Tabasco if needed.
Add the chicken to the salad mix and toss to combine. Pour dressing over salad and continue to toss, generously coating the salad. Season with salt & pepper and serve in large bowls. Drizzle remaining BBQ sauce on top of salads and finish with tortilla strips on top. Eat immediately.