makes 4 tacos
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 green onion, chopped (including both white & green parts)
- 5-6 dashes Chipotle Tabasco, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 medium avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
Heat tortillas one by one over an open flame. If doing it over a gas burner, turn the flame to medium-high heat. Cook tortillas 1-2 minutes per side, making sure to char the tortillas lightly. Be careful not to let them burn. When nicely charred, nestle tortillas in a cloth dish towel to keep warm.
Make scrambled eggs:
Crack eggs in a medium sized bowl and quickly break up egg yolks with a fork. Stir in half of the chopped green onions and season with salt & pepper. Add butter to an 8 inch non-stick skillet over medium- high heat and melt. Add scrambled eggs and cook stirring occasionally until set.
Assemble the tacos:
Take a scoop of eggs and lay it down in the middle of the charred tortilla. Top with about 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese and two thin slices avocado. Sprinkle tacos with cilantro & green onions and finish with 2-3 dashes Tabasco Chipotle. Serve immediately.