Goat Cheese Guacamole with Pita Chips
recipe adapted from Absolutely Avocados
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 5 slices pita bread, each cut into 8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl.
Add the goat cheese, chives, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt & pepper if desired.
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly brush each side of pita with olive oil and sprinkle salt & pepper over triangles. Scatter pita onto a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, until nicely browned and crisp.
Serve fresh pita chips alongside guacamole. Enjoy!