Peach Arugula Corn Pizza
makes one 13 x18 inch pizza
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 full batch no-knead pizza dough
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn (from 1 ear)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 4 cups arugula
Preheat oven to 500F.
In a medium bowl, toss sliced onions in balsamic vinegar & olive oil. Let sit for 15 minutes. Add peaches to onions, toss a few times and set aside.
Oil a 13×18 inch rimmed baking sheet liberally with good extra virgin olive oil. Then gently plop the dough on the pan. Stretch and press it out to the edges. If it springs back wait five minutes and then proceed. The dough is very thin. If it tears, piece it back together.
Layer the mozzarella on top of the prepared pizza dough, followed by the peaches, corn, and goat cheese. Reserve bowl with olive oil & vinegar. Top with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes. Place in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until crust is nicely brown around the edges. While pizza is cooking, toss the arugula in the reserved olive & vinegar mixture and spread on top of the pizza after it has cooled for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.