Spicy Sweet Potato Fries w/ Avocado Lime Dip
makes 4 servings
recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
- 4-5 sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 lb.), unpeeled, each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450°. Toss potato wedges, oil, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper on a foil-lined large rimmed baking sheet to evenly coat; season potatoes with salt and pepper.Roast, turning once, until wedges are golden brown and crisp, 25-30 minutes.
AVOCADO LIME DIP:
- 2 Haas avocados
- half lime juice
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
In a mini food processor, process avocados with lime juice, hot sauce and season with salt & pepper. Adjust seasoning accordingly. Transfer dip to a bowl and serve alongside the sweet potato fries.