Avocado & Banana Chocolate Pudding
recipe adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
- 3 1/2 bananas, divided
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
Add 1 1/2 bananas, avocado and cocoa powder to a food processor and process until just a few chunks remain, about 1 minute. With processor running, pour maple syrup through feed tube and process until completely smooth, scraping down bowl as needed, about 1 minute. Add vanilla and cinnamon and process until combined, about 10 seconds.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 1 1/2 – 2 hours. When ready to serve, divide pudding between 4 small bowls. Slice up remaining two bananas and layer on top of each of the puddings. Place a dollop or two of coconut cream on each pudding and sprinkle tops with chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.