Dairy-Free Mixed Berry Crisp
recipe adapted from The Mac + Cheese Cookbook
- 4 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries & blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 3 crackers)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- whipped coconut cream
Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, mix the berries, sugar and balsamic vinegar. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and kosher salt until well combined. Spread mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and pat down with clean hands or a spatula.
Bake the crumb mixture until it turns light brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on the baking sheet, then break it up into little chunks using the spatula.
To serve, spoon a few scoops of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each bowl. Top with macerated berries with some of the liquid on top of crumb mixture. Top with more crumble topping and a healthy dose of whipped coconut cream.