Spicy Tomato Corn Avocado Salad
recipe slightly adapted from Salad for Dinner
- 2 large ears fresh corn, shucked and kernels cut off cob
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced (with and pale green parts only)
- 2 large avocados, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro, plus a few leafy sprigs for garnish
To make the vinaigrette, combine the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and lime juice in a small bowl or jar. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk in olive oil. Add salt to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or lime juice depending on your preference.
Combine the corn, tomatoes, and scallions in a medium bowl and season with sat. Gently toss with just enough vinaigrette to coat the vegetables. Right before serving, gently fold in the tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and serve immediately.